Friday, January 8, 2010

Holidays

New Years
We spent New Year's Eve at the Davidson's house with our Growth Group. It was a fun night of playing Rock Band, cards, darts, and eating birthday cake for Andrew, Shraddah, and Chrissie. New Years day was beautiful so we headed to the beach and let AJ ride along the boardwalk on his new scooter. He's a natural on that thing!


Christmas
Christmas morning was at the Coulson's. AJ wasn't as excited about opening gifts as I thought he would be...in fact, he was a bit overwhelmed. He would open one, play with it for a bit, and then eventually come back for more. Here are a couple of his favorites:








Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve morning we had Alex's family over to our house for brunch and then we headed up to my parents house. We went to Christmas Eve service at my parents church, looked at Christmas lights, and then spent some time with Alex's aunts, uncles and cousins in Phillips Ranch.







The best time to visit Disneyland has got to be during Christmas. They decorate it so well and the parade is really fun.













Thanksgiving
We hosted Thanksgiving at our house for the first time. I decided to attempt my first turkey and it actually turned out okay. Definitely not as challenging as I anticipated. I spent most of the day cooking while Alex and AJ played outside and got the house ready for dinner. It was a beautiful day in San Diego...hence the picture of AJ in the pool. My parents and Alex's parents came over for a low-key dinner




No comments: