Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New family tradition

For Christmas, Alex and I got bikes and a bike seat for Miles which we scored for a sweet deal on craigslist. It has been so fun to bike around our neighborhood as a family after dinner. AJ loves to race us and entertain Miles with his fancy bike tricks. I am really enjoying our new family tradition!






In other news, my favorite tree just started budding. I never used to get excited about trees and gardening until we bought our house 4 years ago which came with a dirt/rock/clay backyard. The one request that I had when we were planning our landscape was that I wanted a deciduous tree with fall-colored leaves. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and I wanted to be able to 'see' fall in our mild Cali climate. So for my birthday the first year we were here, Alex's parents bought me a Liquidamber with the most beautiful orange-red leaves. I LOVE this tree in the summer and fall but in the winter and early spring, I kinda forget it is there. Well, I just noticed today that it's finally coming out of dormancy and beginning to show life. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Josh, Chrissie, Matthew & Kaylie said...

How fun!! Josh and I were just talking about how we would love to get bikes and start going on family bike rides!!