Saturday, August 8, 2009

5 Incredible Years

It is hard to believe that 5 years ago Alex and I began this AMAZING journey of marriage. I look back at our wedding day and what I see is two innocent young adults with no cares in the world and very little on the to-do list. August 8, 2004 was the most perfect day. We stood in front of our families and closest friends and pledged to live our lives as one, before God, from that day forward. On that glorious day I married my best friend, my soul mate, my lubs.




The last 5 years have been filled with beautiful memories as well as heartbreaks. The Lord has surrounded us with incredible friends to help us along this journey; some that were around pre-Melissa&Alex and others that we have met as a married couple. We bought our first house and have enjoyed making it our home. We grieved the loss of our first child, celebrated the birth of AJ less than a year later, and are so excited to meet the newest addition to our family in January. He gives and takes away- blessed be His name!

The to-do list may be a mile long and the cares and concerns are ever-present, but I am beyond grateful and humbled at this journey God has taken us on in 5 short years. He knew Alex was perfect for me and allowed him to be the one to walk beside me along this incredible adventure. I pray that this is only the warm-up lap to a long and fulfilling life as husband and wife.



I love you, Alex, and thank you for 5 unbelievable years!

2 comments:

The Hamlin Family said...

Congrats Melissa!!! I bet the last 5 years has gone by fast...kind-of scary thinking about how fast the next 5 years will go...right??? Alex is a lucky man and everyone can tell how in love you guys are...that's AWESOME!!!

PS...Ok...and those "older" pictures of your parents are crazy...it's like looking at your brother and sister. I had no clue how much Matt looks like your dad and Marci looks like your mom!!! Congrats to them too!!! I love your parents!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats !!!!!!!!