Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cheers to 40 Years!

Today marks 40 years of matrimony for my mom and dad. They have such a fun and strong relationship and I admire their loving devotion to one another. Staying committed to the vows they made 40 years ago and solidifying their marriage on the rock of Jesus is the best gift they have ever given me. They are beautiful examples of husband and wife and a testimony to the sacredness of marriage. Congratulations!

In honor of this milestone, my brother, sister, and I threw them a surprise party on Friday night. About 45 of their close friends and family helped celebrate with us aboard the Dream Maker yacht in Newport Harbor. My parents were totally surprised when they walked up to the yacht and were greeted by a loud ‘Happy Anniversary Bill and Judy!’ It was a beautiful evening of cruising the harbor, catching up with friends, and loving on my parents.

Then (aren't they adorable!)...




And Now (they are still adorable!)...







The toasting flutes they used on their wedding day

1 comment:

Nicole Bennett said...

sounds like such a fun party and I love the old pictures. :)