Monday, October 22, 2007

San Diego Fires

Only 4 years after the devastating Cedar Fire, San Diego is once again being engulfed in flames. There are many fires burning throughout the county and the Santa Ana winds are making efforts to extinguish them almost impossible. Please pray for the firefighters, the people who have lost their homes, and those whose homes are in danger. Most schools and businesses have shut down for the day and many people are fleeing San Diego. We have not been told to evacuate yet but one of the fires is in east San Marcos and could spread to our area in no time. Here are a few pictures I took this morning from my office in Carlsbad (before we were told to go home!).


6 comments:

The Hamlin Family said...

Our prayers are with those who are involved with the fires. Matt's grandma was evacuated and she thinks that she lost her home!!! What a scary time in California right now. Hopefully everything will turn out ok where you are.

nicole aka gidget said...

Hi Melissa- i'm so glad I stumbled across your blog, and I'm so happy for you and alex about your baby on the way! I remember our group discussions about babies/miscarriages at the Women's Retreat! God is so faithful, huh?
My dad is the fire chief in Ranch Santa Fe (maybe you knew that?) and this week has been crazy for my mom with him gone. I'm definitely praying, it's so weird to be so far away from it all.
Nicole

The Hamlin Family said...

I like your blog. It looks AWESOME!!!

Seagers said...

where did you get the cool blog background and how did you do it?

The Hamlin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hamlin Family said...

Oops...Wrong button...sorry about the deleted comment. Anyways, my sister-in-law tagged me and I am tagging you. Just read my blog for details. Plus, don't feel like you have to do it...it's just for fun!!! But some of the things I am learning about my friends and sister-in-laws are FUNNY!!!